Saturday, August 7, 2010

Duke BBQ'ing

Brad and I have been meaning to have folks over for a BBQ forever and just couldn't seem to find a weekend that we were in town and had the day free. But finally we were able to get our act together and invite some folks over for a Saturday evening grill-out.

We invited over a bunch of Dukies - some that we have seen a bunch since we've been back in NC and others that we knew were in town but hadn't had a chance to reconnect with. Despite the heat and humidity it was a great evening and I'm really glad we made the effort to get folks together.

We even broke out the lawn games and played a couple of games of bocce ball. And yes, since these are Dukies that we are talking about, it got a little competitive and Brad even broke out the measuring tape to ensure that we were accurately scoring. Yup, that is my husband with beer hanging from his mouth and measuring tape in hand - what can I say? I am so proud ;) (and Brad chimes in, "By the way, I put the beer bottle in my mouth just to make for an entertaining photo". Hmm, I'm not so sure.)



Here's the group (without Beth, Jason & Ava - sorry guys!) on our porch towards the end of the night.



It was a fun night and I was even surprised with birthday cake and candles from Brad and Marcus at the end of the night - I am always totally embarrassed by the singing of Happy Birthday but it definitely made me smile. Thanks guys! :)

No comments: