Saturday, August 21, 2010

Academic Irony

Here's the entrance to the neighborhood where Brad and I live ...



I imagine that after building a lot of new neighborhoods, it becomes pretty hard for the builders to come up with new street names. They must have been running out of steam when they got to us - the entire neighborhood is education themed. Totally embarrassing to give directions around here ... "turn on Scholastic", "right on Baccalaureate", "pass Freshman and Sophomore before you hit Senior". "if you hit Alumni, you've gone too far", etc. Seriously, I am not kidding!

But I got a good laugh when I was driving home from work the other day and noticed that there were some new street signs up on the main strip in the neighborhood. Notice anything funny about this sign? Hint, compare it to the previous picture.



Yup, in our academic themed neighborhood, they have spelled the street name wrong. But hey, who needs a second L or an apostrophe, right? I think it's hysterical and want to keep quiet about it so that I can see how long it takes for someone to fix it. Brad thinks its terrible and wants to report it to the Homeowner's Association. Opposites attract, I suppose!

No comments: