Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I have to admit that I’m not a huge fan of this particular holiday. The times that I didn’t have boyfriends on Valentine’s Day, I always boycotted the celebration, hung out with girlfriends and talked about what a Hallmark-created holiday it was. Now that I am happily married, it feels kind of hypocritical to suddenly be all about celebrating the day!

But, I do love the tradition of Valentine’s Day candy. And nothing says V-day more than those chalky, nasty tasting, heart shaped candies with the little sayings on them … “Marry Me” “Love You” “Be Mine”! I learned today that those candy hearts came in to popularity in the early 1900s and that this year alone 8 BILLION(!) will be made.

Yikes. Hope everyone is ready for some chalky tasting fun :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a different angle on the little heart candies...

http://despair.com/bittersweets.html