Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Girls' Weekend!

Just had an awesome weekend of girl-time. My mom and sisters and I try to do a girls' weekend once a year. We've failed miserably the last few years so were determined to make it happen in 2009.

So, this past weekend Mom, Sharon and Kiera headed down to Durham for a weekend of exploring in NC. It was nice to have them all see our new home and for me to have a chance to explore the area - with all the craziness of moving, holidays and lots and lots of work travel, I haven't had a chance to do touristy things yet in town so this was a really nice excuse to finally start exploring.

We had a nice mix of shopping, relaxing, eating, drinking margaritas and taking in the sights. My favorite part of the weekend? The Segway tour of downtown Raleigh. Still not sure how I convinced everyone that a Segway tour was a good idea but it turned out to be awesome! After an initial hesitancy on all of our parts (Segway-ing takes a bit of getting used to!), we zoomed around Raleigh, pretending to pay attention to our tour guide as he explained things but really being more infatuated with the Segway manuevering. I must say - we were pretty darn good on those things!

It was an awesome weekend - I'm blessed to have an amazing mom and rad sisters who are super fun to hang out with. I'm also blessed with a husband who was willing to hide out the whole weekend, making himself scarce so that we could have quality girl-time but then heeding the occasional calls for help (the ice machines is broken! How do I work the DVD player? etc) :)

Mom, Sharon and Kiera - can't wait til next year!!

No comments: