Friday, February 29, 2008

Cornmeal and moe.

Not many things make Brad and I happier than live music, so last night we were psyched to head out to the 9:30 Club for our favorite - some fantastic bluegrass and jam band tunes.

The night started out with a band we'd never heard of before. I can't say that we were all that optimistic about an opening band called "Cornmeal" (seriously, who came up with that name!?) Based on the fancy name we were expecting a really traditional, old school bluegrass vibe but they seriously rocked out (well, as much as you can with a banjo, fiddle and string bass). My favorite was the female fiddler/vocalist - gotta love a chick in the band!

Then one of our fav jam bands came on, moe. Since the 9:30 is a pretty small club, their lights looked amazing (although a little overwhelming/blinding at times!) and they sounded great.

It was an awesome night - my only regret? The fact that I had to be at work at 7:45 AM this morning after a late night out ... yet again, work getting in the way of my social life :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, those are some nice pictures...did y'all take them? this is my first comment on some kind of internet site ever (i tried to think of a witty, clever post but this is all i got...so much pressure)

Anonymous said...

wait, all this talk of music reminds me of a stellar video i saw. check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8