Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Widespread Panic - Can I Get a Fist Pump

Tonight Erin and I went to the Warner Theater to see Widespread Panic. Considered one of the most beautiful historic venues in Washington DC it is a stunning place in and of itself. My company, Clark Construction actually renovated the space before I started working there to revamp its look to the original condition.

Widespread Panic is a band that we do not listen to very often and have only seen them a couple of times. In fact I think we have seen them 4 times and 3/4 times they had a different lead guitarist. So let's just say the direction of their overall sound has been in flux. Well the most recent addition as the lead guitarist is a well renowned player in the jam community and personally think he is their best lead guitarist by far, although many a 'spreadhead' would disagree with me.

For most of the show Erin and I did not recognize many tunes and most songs sounded similar to each other, a typical complaint of their music. Erin and I were more fascinated with the insatiable desire of panic fans to pump their fists up in the air when a good part comes on. It is unlike anything I have ever seen at other bands live shows. We were also disrupted a lot by the couple next to us who I think must have consumed a keg by themselves. Overall a decent night with some serious rockin music:

No comments: