Saturday, July 9, 2011

Aruba Aribe (yayayaya!)

We just got back from the most amazing vacation - Aruba!!

My wonderful parents gave us the gift of Aruba for Christmas this past year (they own a Marriott timeshare, so gave a week to me, Brad, Kiera, Ryan and Sharon). So, we basically just had to get to ourselves down to Aruba and enjoy the view from my parent's timeshare:


It was an amazing week of lounging by the pool and by the ocean, reading books, and just constantly chilling out. And of course, lots of tasty frozen drinks like these:


And more drinks in our favorite place - the lazy river!


And of course, an Aruba recap wouldn't be complete without our new friends, the adorable lizards (and yes, I do want one of my own):



There was one day where we actually explored the island. First stop was the lighthouse on the end of the island and some rock formations:


But the highlight of the trip was our visit to the Donkey Farm! AMAZING. I know officially love donkeys (but, fortunately for Brad, I do not want one of my one).


And a gorgeous butterfly farm:


Crazy nights out including a Ryan karaoke special:


But sadly the trip came to end all too quickly. One last of those tasty drinks for the road:


A quick photoshoot on the beach by our hotel:


And we're off! I'll miss you Happy Island!


No comments: