Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Phishing

What would a summer be without touring around to see some live music? Last summer we drove 2200 miles and took a week off from work to see Phish. This summer we managed to see 6 shows while only taking 1 day off and only driving a few hundred miles.

As I mentioned in the last post, it started with a show in Portsmouth, VA about an hour from my parents' house.


Then a trip to Camden, NJ for 2 shows. Brad drove up from DC (where he was at work) and I flew from NC to Philly and then took the train across the river to meet up with him in NJ. Of course, since no trip of mine is complete without delays (seriously, I have the magic touch - it seems that my flights are ALWAYS delayed!), I sat on the runway at RDU for hours due to weather in Philly. Finally made it to Camden but missed the beginning of the show (including my favorite song = Erin NOT happy with the weather gods!).

But my mood turned around once I got there and we met up with our buddies, Lisa and Jay, for the show Thursday night, a day of tailgating and then another show on Friday night.



We woke up Saturday morning and drove to Maryland for another set of shows - Saturday and Sunday night at Meriweather Post Pavilion. Here we are with Dan as the lights went down at the start of one of the shows - excited for the show to start and clearly hot and sunburned from the day hanging out in the lot.


We made it to the hotel on Sunday night at about 1 AM in a great mood after having so much fun. I was not in such a great mood though when my alarm went off 3 hours later. I had to get up to shower and catch a shuttle to the airport to fly to Boston for work! 8 hours after getting home from the Phish show in Maryland, I was sitting at Harvard Business School about to start a 3 day conference there. Phew!

It was a great trip though and always we had a ton of fun with friends and music!





No comments: