Monday, July 20, 2009

Hanging out with the 'rents

I just spent two great weekends with my parents. For one of those weekends, Brad and I went to W'burg for the 4th of July and had a blast with my parents and Sharon. We went to Jamestown one day and got to learn all about the first permanent settlement in America and the birthplace of good ol' Virginia. It was a gorgeous day so we had a great time being outside.



We learned about all of that from our slightly bananas tour guide. Seriously, this lady was a bit umm, kooky, but informative ... and I suppose you have to be a little strange to be a tour guide at Jamestown! (I love the second pic where my parents look slightly confused/disbelieving of whatever weirdo joke was being told!)


It was also 4th of July so we, of course, watched lots of great fireworks ...



Admittedly, we watched them from the comfort of my parents' living room - nothing like fireworks on TV!!

No comments: