Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Some much needed time off

As many of you have heard, I recently quit my consulting gig and accepted a new job with Duke. More to come on the new gig but in the meantime, folks keep asking me what I did while I was happily in between jobs so I figured a blog post was in order!

So, besides just recuperating from consulting - which was desperately needed - I tried to recall what else I did for ~2 weeks. Besides the trips to Myrtle Beach and Williamsburg for Easter, the rest of the time seemed to slip by without me knowing it ...

- maybe it was those HGTV marathons or made for TV movies that I kept on getting sucked in to?!

- Maybe the shopping sprees which eventually caused Brad to say that I needed to go back to work asap so that I would stop spending money and start making it again?!

- Perhaps it was finally having time to deal with my car - new brake pads, safety inspection, quality time at the DMV transferring my title and plates to NC and getting my NC license (umm, which may have taken 2 separate trips to the DMV .... new NC drivers have to retake the written test and that is NOT easy to pass without reading that pesky DMV booklet about points and random traffic rules!)

- perhaps the opportunity to finally do some crafting (which I love!) .... A new birdhouse and lamps ensued from that exercise :)


Who knows. All I know is that I LOVED the time off and it went way too fast. Can't wait for retirement ... Only another 30+ years to go!

No comments: